Aoudad Sheep Trophy Fees
- Trophy Aoudad Ram: $3,750
- Aoudad Ram < 25” : $2,310
Aoudad Ewe Trophy Fee: $560
Aoudad Hunting Season: Aoudad can be hunted year round, however we recommend hunting Aoudad Oct-Feb since this is when they’ll be herding with the Ewes and much easier to spot.
Horn Size: 29-35 inches
Weight: 100-300 pounds
Estimated World Population: 30,000
Aoudad Hunting Information
- Aoudad sheep go by many names including aoudad goat, barbary sheep, waddan, arui, and arruis.
- Despite being native to the rocky mountains of North Africa, they are more likely to be found in Texas than they are in Africa.
- It is believed that their population in Texas has increased 1800 percent since 1963 to 25,000.
- Aoudad sheep can jump up to 7 feet high from a standstill!
- Their coat gets darker with age, but you can expect a light sandy-brown color (as they come from sandy mountains in Africa).
- Aoudads have long hair hanging from their chests and forelegs that is referred to as “chaps.” These chaps allow them to be taxidermied into beautiful half-body mounts.
- They are most active at dawn and dusk to avoid the heat of day.
- Aoudad sheep create dirt beds high in the mountains to sleep on.
- The species are more closely related to wild goats than to sheep.
To book your hunt, please call us at